When that first cool day blows in, you’re always like, “WTF, I thought it was still Summer!?” Then, of course, you panic — you haven’t gotten in your Autumn shopping yet. But until you stock up on those cold-weather essentials, there are plenty of outfit tricks you can try.
Ahead, we’ve rounded up 25 ideas for wearing your lightweight items, white statement pieces, and breezy blouses and skirts all season long. Even as you do make additions to your closet, we promise these hacks will continue to reinvigorate your wardrobe until Winter, not to mention get you maximum wear out of your Summer staples.
- Add a Touch of Suede in an Autumnal Tone
- A Newsboy Cap and Jacket Make Your Breezy Summer Dress Autumn-Appropriate
- Your Cropped Jeans and White Blouse Have a Place in Autumn: Under a Long Trench
- Style Your Dress With a Basket Bag and a Blazer
- Dust Off Your Pink Summer Sandals and Work Them With a Trench Coat Dress
- Smart Heels and a Button-Front Blazer Make Your Floral Midi Office-Ready
- Swap Your Sandals For Low-Tops When Wearing Your Slitted Summer Maxi
- Make Your Cropped Coordinates Edgy by Wearing Them With Combat Boots
- Wear Your Lightweight Striped Shirt With Deconstructed Denim
- Wear Your Summer Sandals For as Long as You’d Like but With Long Plaid Trousers
- Button a Trench Coat Over Your Long-Sleeved Top and Bring Those White Trainers Right Into Autumn
- Your Summer Crop Top Can Be Worn With Leather Trousers and Trainers
- Match Your Light Pink Pants With a Cosy Pink Jumper
- Wear Your Slashed Jeans With a Black Bucket Bag and Trainers Instead of Sandals and a Clutch